We Are Creative Commerce Experts
Our team is driven by a single purpose – to create stunning e-commerce experiences for our customers. We are creative thinkers with a keen eye for detail and a knack for creating innovative solutions to complex problems. We are looking to expand our team with a creative thinker who takes pride in creating rock solid code and strives to maintain a cutting edge in an ever changing industry.
- Build out design comps to pixel perfect accuracy
- Ability to write structured, well-organized, and reusable code
- Inspect and troubleshoot bugs and other QA issues
- Stay up to date with best practices, trends, and tools.
- Initiative: Continuous learning by keeping up with best practices in modern web development.
- Attention to Detail: Ensure that the design for the project is followed and functional.
- Collaboration: Work alongside the design team to ensure our clients are getting the best possible outcome.
- Time Management: Respect assigned time parameters so as not to delay project presentation.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with the rest of the team to ensure a predictable project from start to finish.
- 4 years experience in web development or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS/SCSS
- Experience building mobile-first website in a responsive framework
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with a design team to build out mockups
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Previous experience using version-control tools such as Git
- Experience using the Shopify platform to preferred but not necessary
- Experiencing consuming RESTful API’s
Why work here?
We're an award winning, dynamic and growing agency built on strong values. We focus on collaboration, creativity and the customer experience. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive team and want to expand our hiring of the non-binary, BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities. So however you identify and whatever your background is, if you share our values, we want to hear from you!
Our goal is provide a flexible work life balance by offering both fully remote, and hybrid options tailored to your unique situation and your location. We are an Ottawa based company that has office space available if you are located in the capital region.
Pointer offers a flexible time off policy, with paid vacation & sick days. We have a comprehensive group benefit plan, that can include extended health and dental coverage.
Oh and we've got great swag to deck you out from head to ankle.
If you are a creative thinker, a resourceful problem solver, and never one to shy away from a challenge, then we want to hear from you!